Saturday 12 October 2013

Research

Weapons


I found this little article on the British Museums website about weapons and warriors in Iron Age Britain. I found this really helpful as I was able to expand my knowledge on what weapons were used during this time and what they were made of.

http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/highlights/article_index/w/weapons_and_warriors_in_iron_a.aspx

It said spears, hand held or javelin types for throwing and swords were the weapons of choice during this time but I believe these were mainly used by the solider so I could venture into lots of possible weapons designs for the princess. I am leaning towards giving her either an axe or dagger but when the time comes to drawing the detailed designs I plan to go through each weapon to see which one fits her the best.








No comments:

Post a Comment