Friday 11 October 2013

Research

Clothing and Patterns
 
 


Found this brilliant piece of digital artwork of Boudicaa. Although she is wearing warrior type clothing I think this is a strong references as to what people who were higher up in society during this period might have worn as when I was researching into clothing the most popular result was poorer villagers clothing which wasn't exactly what a princess would have worn although it did give me a good base for colours and styling. I've noticed that tartan patterns were used in clothing quite a lot in the Iron Ages and were mainly mixtures of blue and green although there were other variations of this. The Celts were not just one big clan, they were split off into lots of little tribes and it is said that each clan had a different colour of clothing or tartan that they wore. This will be important to keep in mind when I am in the design process of creating my character.






No comments:

Post a Comment