Wednesday 20 April 2016

Doing some extra design work

Thinking up some possible weapon designs



So after I completed working out the visual look and design aspects of each of my characters and summarised them in a few model sheets I thought it would be a nice idea, just to take a break from the actual character design to have a go at drawing a few weapons. Now this is something that I haven't actually done in quite some time and even though my project in very character based and is focused on showing expression and playing around with colour I thought that doing some weapon design might make a nice change of pace before I have to focus on my final piece.

I was basically just having a think about the type of game my characters would appear in and how potentially the gameplay would work and what kinda of weapons they would use so, if I did want to include some action poses in my final piece I would have some pre drawn out ideas. I am not going to babble on about this too much as I don't think it is really necessary but essentially all of the characters have different abilities that are specific to interacting with certain parts of the environment. So essentially their will be things that only certain characters can do but others cant which means the player will need to switch and play as other characters in the group, not just sticking with one.

As well as this characters can use all the same weapons, so they are not specific to certain ones, but I do want each individual character to have their own special weapon that only they can use which will be coloured coded to them and will suit their personality. So down below I have popped a few sketched examples of the type of misc weapons that could be found in the game that all the characters can use as well as, in the top left hand corner, an example of a characters special weapon. I have also listed the characters possible special weapons below as well. These are just ideas really but I thought I should post about them.





Bubblelina - gun 
Lemona - rocket launcher 
Leequorice - bat 
PC - bombs 
Chocolette - sword 
Mintim - bow and arrow 
Marshamallow - padded two handed club



No comments:

Post a Comment